Listeria is a universal problem for the global food manufacturing industry because of the risk to human health. If contaminated products enter the food chain and ultimately infect a consumer, the result can be catastrophic due to the high fatality rate from this foodborne illness.
As a leading provider of hygiene solutions to the food and beverage industry, Diversey continues to develop its products and services to meet the evolving needs of its global customer base, to provide them with the peace of mind that their production environment is clean and safe.
The Listeria Control Guide provides a practical understanding of Listeria monocytogenes and the preventative actions which need to be taken to minimize the risk of contamination. It is available in English, French, German, Russian and Spanish. Dutch and Polish are coming soon.
- General characteristics of Listeria
- The presence of Listeria in food
- Possible interventions to limit Listeria growth in food
- Additives and preservatives
- Cold treatment
- Protective atmosphere
- Curing with oil or spices
- Heat treatment
- Possible intervention to limit Listeria growth in the environment
- Managing the production environment
- Managing the processing equipment
- Controlling water
- Hygiene programme
- Keeping food contact surfaces clean
- Cleaning and disinfecting the cleaning equipment
- Preventing cross-contamination
- Reinforcing personal hygiene practices
- Disinfect personal protective equipment
- Maintaining chillers and evaporators
- Managing floors and drains
- Supervising building work
- Map the Listeria in the factory
- Standard Procedures
- Daily cleaning
- Terminal or pre-op Disinfection
- Mid shift cleaning
- Hand Hygiene
Submit your details below to download the guide.